In Wake of the tragedy occurred on 8th August 2016 in which the top brass 56 Lawyers of Balochistan were martyred in a single act of terrorism. As a result of this incident, the Government of Balochistan decided to allocate funds amounting Rs.250 million managed by BEEF to fill the professional vacuum by capacity building and professional Skills development of Practicing Lawyers of Balochistan registered with Balochistan Bar Council. BEEF every year will invite applications from the eligible and talented Lawyers to be sponsored under Foreign Funded Scholarships and Inland Funded Scholarships for the pursuance of Fully Funded Higher Studies in Law covering degree programs including LLM / PhD in Law / Bar at Law in United Kingdom (UK) and out of Province top ranking educational Institutions.
Every year in December BEEF will announce through print and social media to call for scholarship applications from the talented and practicing Lawyers interested in pursuing the Higher Studies in Law from United Kingdom and/or out of Balochistan based Institutions, must fulfil the requirements and furnish all pre-requisites for scholarship.
- INTERNATION/FOREIGN FUNDED SCHOLARSHIP (FFS) Covering UK based top Ranked law studies offering Intuition/ Universities only.
- NATIONAL /INLAND FUNDED SCHOLARSHIPS (IFS) covering within country -out of balochistan based top ranked law studies offering institution /HEC recognized universities only
- Aspiring Lawyers must have applied for admission in LLM or PhD in law or BAR-AT-LAW offering top ranking out of Balochistan based national educational institutions recognized by HEC or International Intuitions / Universities based in UK as details are specified next under scholarship categories. Later, These Intuitions/ Universities shall be considered / declared as the centers of Excellence (COE) of BEEF for long term funding partnership.
- The applicant for FFS/IFS must have taken admission in session Spring/Fall as shall be specified and announced by BEEF.
- The applicant for FFS/IFS must possesses valid Local/Domicile of Balochistan Province.
- The applicant for FFS/IFS must have valid result of GAT-LAW qualified at least with minimum score as required by HEC.
- Applicant for FFS/IFS must have obtained 60% marks or 3 CGPA (as Applicable) in the LLB degree program offered by HEC recognized institute:
- The applicant for FFS/IFS must possesses the valid registration / license with Balochistan Bar Council having in credit at least 2 years practicing experience as a Lawyer.
- Applicant for FFS must have qualified IELTS with a minimum score of 6.5
- Applicant for FFS must have got and submit to BEEF the Unconditional offer letter for admission from UK based Intuition / university offering law studies as specified above.
- Applicant for FFS must possesses valid Passport.
- Applicant for FFS/IFS must possesses valid CNIC.
- Applicant for IFS must have got and submit to BEEF the Unconditional offer letter for admission from Pakistan based (out of Balochistan Province) Intuition / University offering law studies as specified above.
- Applicant for FFS/IFS must have signed affidavit /bond on stamp paper worth Rs.50 at least and submit to BEEF for confirming that after successful completion of study course will return to country to serve the Balochistan province for two years at least.
- Applicant for FFS/IFS must have signed affidavit /personal guarantee from the gazetted officer /government officer of grade 17 at least) on stamp paper worth Rs.50 at least and submit to BEEF for confirming that he / she has taken the responsibility of the applicant /scholar to bear / return the cost fully funded by BEEF.
- COVERING COSTS:
- Tuition Fee
- Living Allowance
- Air ticket round trip via most direct route
- Visa Processing for FFS only
4. Lawyers Endowment Fund for Educational fee reimbursement for the children of 56 Lawyers Martyred in terrorism of 08 August 2016 only
Reference to the above announcement-1 for the Fee Re-imbursement / further Education of the Children of 56 Lawyers of Balochistan, Martyred in a tragic incident of 8th August 2016 that took away an entire generation of Lawyers / Advocates of Balochistan.
As a result of the above incident, the Government of Balochistan took the responsibility to support the deceased families particularly the education of their children. Therefore, established an Endowment Fund for the children of the Martyred Lawyers and released payment to the deceased families through Higher Education Department, Government of Balochistan. Recently, the said Endowment Fund has been transferred to BALOCHISTAN EDUCATION ENDOWMENT FUND (BEEF).
The families of deceased particularly the Guardians of the Children of Shohdas / Martyred Lawyers are requested to submit applications for the Fee Re-imbursement / payment for further education of all Children attending School/College/University in the country. The education levels may include grade nursery / KG to BS/Masters (up to 16 years of education). The application shall be addressed to:
The following documents are required to be enclosed with the application:-
- The original Fee Invoices / Receipts of the payments, if not paid yet. The photocopies of the same are acceptable only if the originals invoices/receipts are not available due to some unavoidable reason.
- Copies of fee Invoices / Receipts of the payments, if payment is already made by the office of the Colleges, Higher & Technical Education Department, GoB, Quetta.
- Copy of Death /Shahadat Certificate of Martyred Lawyer
- Copy of Succession Certificate of legal heirs of Martyred Lawyer
- Copy of CNIC of Shaheed / Martyred Lawyer
- Copy of CNIC of Widow of Shaheed / Martyred Lawyer
- Copy of CNIC or B-Form of all the children of Martyred Lawyer
- Copy of CNIC and contact detail of Contact Person. Please also specify his/her relationship with the Martyred Lawyer.
- Any other relevant /supporting document, as available.
For quires or further information, please contact
- Ms.Shamshad Kousar
- Program Manager Scholarships (Development)
- Balochistan Education Endowment Fund (BEEF)
- 69/A Chaman Housing Scheme, Airport Road, Quetta
- Tel. 081-9202096, Cell 0300-8382954
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org