Partially Funded Regular Scholarship Program 2015-16, commenced in July 2015. It covers students of Matric, Intermediate, DAE, simple graduation, BS/Professional degree program, one time research grant for PhD students, enrolled and studying in Balochistan based educational institutions. It is important to mention here that BEEF provided maximum opportunities to the students of each district of Balochistan, thus, slots allocation is made on the basis of collected soft data of result gazette collect from the BBISE/FBISE, reserved 40 slots for each district except Quetta allocated 70 slots due to over populated and huge number of educational institutions thus, covering all 32 districts which have been increased up to 34 districts. Similarly, reserved, 25 slots for each subject /discipline of BS / Professional degree programs. In 2016-17 added 8th grade pass 9th grade of Matric level of education which has been excluded later in 2018-19 due to the reason of closure of Balochistan Examination Assessment Commission declared closed as board exams of 8th grade stands discontinued thus, no such data of result was available anymore; also added DAE 1st year pass DAE 2nd Year and DAE 2nd Year Pass DAE 3rd Year and also included Master level of education BA/BSc pass Masters previous which has been strategized to be considered on the basis of 1st semester result of Masters due to the reason of multiple challenges being faced for the verification of students; and Masters Previous Pass Masters Final Year.
Later in 2017-18 and onwards district level slots allocations have been made on the basis of population and Multiple Poverty Index (MPI) thus, given special relaxation in merit for considering 2nd higher second division applicants shall be considered for Open Merit Scholarships (OMS) under District Open Merit Scholarships (DOMS) also covering 80% slots allocation. However, 10% slots allocation is made for the student falling under Provincial Open Merit Scholarships (POMS) and 10% slots allocation is made for the students falling under special quota though include 3% distribution for Open Merit Scholarships for the student of Balochistan who are studying out of Balochistan as well as for the students of other provinces who are studying in Balochistan based Institutions and 7% slots are reserved for the students of disadvantaged segments of the society including Orphans, students with disability, children of 1-6 scale or four class employees, children of single woman parents, children from minorities, children of transgender or any other neglected or unavoidable category.
Current Education Levels
The summary of education levels covered under FY 2019-20 onwards are as follows:
- MATRIC & Equivalent:
Inclusive all Groups e.g. Science & Arts and falling under DOMS category, however, BEEF will keep offering the Scholarship stipend rate @1000 per month/Annual stipend@12000 for each student.
- 9th Pass 10th only
- INTERMEDIATE & Equivalent:
(Inclusive all groups Science & Arts, all disciplines/subjects and equivalent levels of education) and falling under DOMS category, however, BEEF will keep offering the Scholarship stipend rate @1500 per month/Annual stipend@24000 for each student.
- 10th Pass 1st Year
- 1st Year Pass 2nd Year
- TECHNICAL EDUCATION COVERING DIPLOMA OF ASSOCIATE ENGINEERING (DAE) OF 3 YEARS PROGRAM:
(Inclusive all disciplines / subjects of DAE) and falling IOMS category, however, BEEF will keep offering Scholarship stipend rate @1500 per month/Annual stipend@24000 for each student.
- 10th Pass DAE 1st Year
- DAE 1st Year Pass 2nd Year
- DAE 2nd Year Pass 3rd Year
- SIMPLE GRADUATION OF TWO YEARS OR EQUIVALENT:
Re-included this scheme though it has been dropped last year due to the reason that government has launched BS program but due to non-availability of the Faculty in all districts of Balochistan the BS program has been withdrawn and restored BA/BSc or equivalent program of two year again. Thus, BEEF also restored this scheme, however, will entertain 3rd year of BA/BSc, ADE etc. or equivalent under DOMS category on the basis of result of Intermediate declared in 2019. In case ADE result does not fall under DOMS mean Intermediate result 2019 then ADE will be considered under IOMS category on the basis of 1st semester result 2019 not less than 3GPA for any category of OMS. Similarly, selection for next level of 4th year of BA/BSc or equivalent will be done only if students already awarded for 3rd Year Scholarship, as applicable.
However, the selection for ADE 1st Year shall be done on the basis of 1st and 2nd semesters result. Regarding the payment, BEEF will keep offering the Scholarship stipend rate @3000 per month/ Annual stipend@36000 for each student.
- Inter Pass 3rd Year of BA/BSC or equivalent or ADE 1st Semester Pass 1st Year of ADE
- BS OR EQUIVALENT PROGRAM OF 1-4/5 YEARS:
(Inclusive all groups Science & Arts/all disciplines and equivalent levels of education having session not earlier than 2014). However, BEEF is offering the Scholarship stipend rate @5000 per month/ Annual stipend@60000 for each student.
- (Intermediate 2019 Pass enrolled in BS or equivalent 1st year/ Professional (Session 2020) as per the DOMS category.
- BS 1st Pass enrolled in BS 2nd Prof. (Session 2018)
- BS 2nd Pass enrolled in BS 3rd Prof. (Session 2017)
- BS 3rd Pass enrolled in BS 4th Prof. (Session 2016)
- BS 4th Pass enrolled in BS 5th Prof. (Session 2015), if 5 years program only.
- MASTER OR EQUIVALENT PROGRAM OF 2 YEARS/4 semesters:
(Inclusive all groups Science & Arts/all disciplines and equivalent levels of education enrolled in session not earlier than 2014) under IOMS category. However, BEEF is offering the Scholarship stipend rate @5000 per month/ Annual stipend@60000 for each student.
- (First Semester 2019 Pass 2nd semester) will cover master previous or 1-2 semester
- Master 1st Year or Previous or 1-2 Semesters Pass 3rd or 4th Semester (Session 2018).
- MS/MPhil for course work completion only:
(Inclusive all groups Science & Arts/all disciplines and equivalent levels of education are considerable under IOMS category. However, BEEF will be offering Scholarship stipend rate @5000 per month/ Annual stipend@60000 for each student.
- First Semester of recent past year Pass 2nd semester covering one year scholarship for course work completion only.
- Local/Domicile of Balochistan required for all categories on DOMS, IOMS, and SQS/EVIs and SQS/OMS (except specific slots allocation reserved for the students from other provinces).
- Applicants must be falling under any one of BEEF Scholarship categories as explained earlier.
- Applicants under Provincial Open Merit Scholarships (POMS); Institutional Open Merit Scholarships (IOMS) and District Open Merit Scholarships (DOMS) are required to have obtained at least 60% marks in annual examination and at least 3CGPA of two consecutive semesters of each year in BS or equivalent program of 4/5 years.
- For Masters (2 years/4 semesters) program required at least 3GPA of first semester for Master Previous/First Year and at least 3CGPA of first year/2nd semester for Master Final Year /2nd Year.
- For MS/MPhil covering course work completion only is required at least 3GPA of 1st semester passed out in 2019.
- The applicants falling under District Open Merit Scholarships (DOMS) category from Balochistan shall be given merit relaxation for considering the next highest merit not less than 2nd division or obtained at least 45% marks in case of less number of applications received fulfilling the criteria. The merit relaxation shall be given on the basis of Poverty/Backwardness on Multidimensional Poverty Index (DPB-MPI).
- As per the Need-based / Special Quota Scholarships (SQS) reserved for Extremely Vulnerable Individuals (EVIs), the applicants are required to have at least 45% marks for annual examination and 2.5CGPA or 2.5GPA for semester system, as applicable.
- The applicants of SQS/ EVIs are required to enclose evidently proven documents e.g. Orphans/Children of Shohada must attach an attested copy of death certificate issued by the competent authority preferably computerized Death Certificate by NADRA or Municipal Corporation or Hospital. Similarly, student with Disability must attach an attested copy of Disability Certificate issued by the competent authority e.g. Social Welfare Department etc. The Children of class-IV Government Employees mother or father (in service or retired) must attach an attested copy of PAY-SLIP or PAGES OF PENSION BOOK given BPS (1-6), Children of mother Divorced/ Khula Certificate or Affidavit of taking oath confirms about the children of Single Parent Mother or Women Headed Family etc. as applicable.
- Scholarship Application Forms (SAF) along with required / pre-requisite attested documents as listed below:
- 4 pictures attested one on front and 3 on back.
- CNIC/B-Form /Student Card of student.
- CNIC of father / mother
- Local / Domicile of student or father/mother attested and verified by the Head of Institute /Focal Person where student /potential BEEF scholar/ applicant is enrolled either in public or private institute (must be affiliated with relevant public sector institute/competent authority e.g. BBISE/FBISE, HEC recognized Universities).
- The applicant shall ensure maintaining at least 75% attendance and must be taking an active part in sports / extra curriculum activities etc.
- The applicant must not be availing any other scholarship particularly more than BEEF stipend.
- Students passed out in bi-annual exam as failure or improvement cases are not eligible for BEEF Scholarships.
Procedure and Selection Process
- Data /Results Collection from the respective Boards/ HEC recognized Universities.
- Data Sorting / filtering to evaluate as per the eligibility criteria and policy.
- Initial Merit-list dissemination to concern quarter for addition or deduction or any other changes if necessary and to be verified and endorsed by the relevant Institutions/ Head of Institutions/ Focal Persons / DEOs in stipulated time.
- HoI/FP are requested to ensure verification and endorsement of Scholarships Application Forms (SAFs) dully filled correctly and make sure that all pre-requisite / required documents are attested, attached and dispatched / delivered at BEEF office within given timeline.
- The Scholarship Application Form (SAF) 2018-19 along with Guidelines and other related information and templates are available at BEEF website beef.org.pk.
- (HoI/Focal Person) are also requested to ensure the provision of missing data, verified 75% attendance; confirming that student is not availing any other scholarship particularly more than the BEEF stipend rate and is actively participating in extra curriculum activities.
- The verified and endorsed Merit Lists received from the relevant Institutions may be considered to award BEEF Scholarships particularly for the students of Balochistan based Institutions. However, cross-verification may also be done from the focal person and co-focal person for counter signing officer preferably from the result branch of Institute via formal letter or email including cc to all concerned, if needed.
- Desk Review Monitoring of final Merit List followed by Ready For Disbursement (RFDs).
- After Verification the Disbursement of RFDs takes place through Cross-Cheques, Bank Demand Draft or cashless banking through CNIC & mobile phone numbers.
- Real Time Monitoring and Verification of Disbursements.
- Post disbursement Review on random basis.
- Internal Audit / External Audit
- Annual Schemes Closure (ASC) and Annual Schemes Completion Reporting (ASCR) and Annual Progress Report (APR) dissemination through website or publications.
Important Explanatory Notes
Scholarship Slots allocation and distribution is done under two major categories namely DOMS and IOMS as well as SQS/OMS and SQS/EVIs as explained below:
- PART-A covering DISTRICT OPEN MERIT SCHOLARSHIPS (DOMS) which is a Priority-1 provides academic foundation. It includes education levels (i) MATRIC: 9th Pass 10th Class; (ii) INTERMEDIATE: 10th Pass 1st Year & 1st Year Pass 2nd Year; (iii) GRADUATION: Past 3rd year awarded 4th Year only; (iv) BS or EQUIVALENT 4/5 YEARS PROGRAM: Intermediate or equivalent pass BS or equivalent 1st However, slots allocation and distribution is done on the basis of Population and backwardness as per the Multiple Poverty Index (MPI) of each district of Balochistan covering population data of census 2017 as notified 32 districts.
- However, the students from newly established two districts namely Duki separated from Loralai and Shaheed Sikandarabad separated from Kalat districts will be entertained under Loralai and Kalat respectively. Similarly, Lehri district got merged with Sibi, thus slots available for Lehri have been merged/added in Sibi district.
- The population data is taken from the data of National Census of Pakistan 2017, declared by the Government of Pakistan.
- Similarly, slots allocation covering the districts in poverty / backwardness on the Multidimensional Poverty Index (MPI) (DPB/DOMS) is done by using the data published by Federal Planning & Reforms Commission, public by the Government of Pakistan.
- PART-B covers Institutional Open Merit Scholarships (IOMS), thus, slots allocation on Institution basis as considering technical education and higher education levels including (i) BS or equivalent level of education of Professional Degree program 4/5 Years (excluded BS 1st Year or 1st Prof means Professional) however, considerable sessions (not earlier than 2014 which is an inception year of BEEF) thus, sessions include 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019; (ii) Masters (2 years program): 1st semester pass 2nd semester and 2nd semester pass 3rd or 4th semester; (iii) MS or MPhil or equivalent level of education required result of 1st semester pass 2nd semester covering first year of course work only.
- The specified number of students for the selection formula to be decided after evaluating the number of application received from the eligible students of each class /education level are being offered by the respective Institute/ HEC recognized University located within Balochistan covering the Scholarship IOMS The number of awardees may be the top 10 or 15 or 20 out of 20 merit lists covering BS & Masters and Top 5 or top 10 out of 10 for MS/MPhil students depending on the number of applications received. However, the result based Provisional Final Merit Lists of eligible Students of each education levels are expected to be received from each Institute within given deadline for submission of BEEF Scholarships Application Form (SAF) 2019-20 (regular/partially funded schemes).
- Required Provisional Final Merit List of TOP 20 students of each class/year/ subject/ department/ discipline covering BS or equivalent 4/5 years program (except Inter pass 1st prof/1st year) required at least 3CGPA of two consecutive semesters of past year. However, the Provisional Final Merit List of Top 20 students of Masters required at least 3GPA of 1st semester to award first year of Master and 3CGPA of 2nd semester to award 2nd year of Master level of education.
- Similarly, required Provisional Final Merit List of Top 10 students for MS/MPhil from each class/department/ discipline to award scholarship for the first year of course work only.
As far as category wise slots distribution is concerned, it is given below in breakup:
- 3% out of 10% slots which are reserved for Special Quota Open Merit Scholarships (SQS/OMS) to financially support (i) the talented students of Balochistan currently studying in other provinces; (ii) the talented students of Balochistan studying in other provinces but due to some reasons could not continue and returned home province and restarted their remaining course of studies in Balochistan based institution both public (private, if registered with public sector board or chartered by HEC recognized institution only); (iii) also some slots are allocated for the students the residents of other provinces (RoP) and currently are enrolled and studying in Balochistan based institutions.
- It is important to mention here that all talented students who have passed out their last year exam in any education level considered by BEEF and currently are enrolled and studying in his/her next level of education, are eligible to apply for BEEF Scholarships under DOMS, IOMS, SQS/OMS, SQS/EVIs, as applicable.
- Furthermore, applications complete in all respect as received under any category of SQS shall be given preference for consideration on merit basis.
- The fully funded schemes will ensure non-stop financial support and best quality education to the students of Balochistan. It will cover i) higher secondary education in all subjects both science and arts/humanitarian groups; and ii) professional graduation /bachelor education / BS or equivalent levels 4/5 years program with specific focus of subject areas already prioritized but not limited, if needed.
Progress Vs Plan (SUMMARY SINCE 2015-16 TILL DATE):
|Financial Year (FY)||Number of Scholars planned to be awarded||Awarded # of Scholars||Estimated Budget PKR (million)||Budget Spent PKR (million)||Current status|